A Butterfly Gazebo is a great way to add sun protection and style to virtually any backyard. The shade sail kit doesn’t cost a lot, and it’s fairly simple to install as well.
These backyard additions have several functional benefits, not to mention that they are interesting to look at and can enhance the elegance of a home.
The Potential Drawback to Shade Sails?
…is that you need a structure to attach the sail to.
Typically, homeowners would attach the sail to the side of the house and connect it to heavy duty steel or wood posts which are set into the ground.
Large trees and fence posts can also work, but again, you need to have these backyard features in order to use them.
So what if you don’t have a large tree or fence post in your yard that you can use? What if you don’t want to attach the sail to the side of your house? What if you rent your home and can’t add a permanent structure on the property?
4 Reasons Why I Like the Butterfly Gazebo.
Butterfly Gazebo, the portable backyard shade sail
1. The concept is genius, actually. This Sail Shade Kit is easy to set up wherever you like. This canopy doesn’t require a tree, post or wall. It’s portable and lightweight, yet it can be staked securely to the ground while in use.
If you already have a deck or patio, you can set up the shade sail there. The only requirement is that you have a 12 foot x 12 foot space in which to use it, because the is the size of the canopy.
2. The Butterfly Gazebo can also be set up in the middle of a lawn or poolside. It can stand on its own. This portable shade sail is very versatile, and therefore has several advantages to the alternative permanent option.
3. Not only is the Butterfly Gazebo functional, it is sophisticated and elegant enough to be used for outdoor parties, weddings or special events. And since it is moveable, it’s easy to place your shade exactly where you want it.
4. Due to the versatility and flexibility of this shade sail, I think that it offers more value.
People can use it more often in more places simply because it is moveable. You aren’t locked into a single spot in your yard where you can enjoy shade.
Shade Sail Kit Specs:
- Dimensions: 10′ long x 10′ wide x 8.5′ tall. This provides plenty of space for a 6 or 8 seat dining table, an outdoor living room set with sofa or a portable hot tub.
- Steel Pole Measurements: 2.3″ diameter
- Powder-coated steel frame. This is protective finish to prevent rust and corrosion. The process involves spraying a mixture of finely ground pigment and resin to the steel frame and then heating and fusing the surface for a durable, high-quality finish.
- 250 GSM (grams per square meter) high-density, weather-resistant polyester. This is a measurement of the density of the fabric. The higher the density, the more durable it is and less like it is to tear, etc…
- Canopy color: Tan
- Made by Shelter Logic, a top designer and manufacturer of high quality gardening products, from patio umbrellas, canopies, awnings to garden furniture sets.
Assembly Guide: The Butterfly Gazebo is also branded under Coolaroo, which provides a 10-step simple assembly guide if you are interested in knowing what it takes to set up this structure.